Monday, August 07, 2006

 

friends

for a lot of people what i did yesterday may have seemed like a boring painfull sunday. but not for me, i liked it. i got up in the morning, went to church. got home watched the grand prix which jenson button won, an englishman at last. then i went to watch my mates have a kick about on my old school field. it was good just to be there sort of involved in the excitement of a game of wembley and then a 6 a-side, also just have a chat. witnessing some good goals, some herendous misses, some arrogence, some modesty, some anger, some joy and some thunderous challenges flying in. after i got home and had eaten i went to the pub by the river, there was only 6 of us but it was a good humoured evening, 2 of the girls i barely know even though i spent 5 years at school with them. now in my state of low mobility i am spending less time playing sport and more time talking and, hopefully, making some new/closer friends. my life really was taken over by football, maybe too much, and i missed out on doing anything with my friends really. now i cant play football im spending loads more time with my friends and it has made me think about everything i have missed out on, but i dont regret it, football is something i love and i wouldnt have stopped playing just to have a laugh with my friends, if i had surendered the opportunity to have a career in football for that reason then i would regret that intensely forever.

today i have found out that my cast is fine and there is nothing to worry about, this is reassuring

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?