Wednesday, August 23, 2006

 

chez longue

more guitar and reading, plus a couple of poems. also watched fairford 3rd team again. tony was quality, burt tried dribbling past an opponent and got tackled then they simply put it into the empty net to make it 5-0, thats how it finished. watched 2nd half of spurs game, we played much better than saturday, we were all over them. won 2-0

these poems were written in about 10 minutes and are worse than the others;

1500 metres

i stretch my legs then tie my lace
slow and steady wins the race
i feel the wind blow on my face
ready, set, go

i take the lead up from the start
the others jostle, dash and dart
one lets out a great big fart
the pace is slow

one by one the others slow
their energy levels getting low
but i feel great, from head to toe
i've won this race

i've run this race in good time
surely now this race is mine
an easy win, i cross the line
the others still give chase

cricket

the time has come for me to bat
i take to the wicket
i take my stance, adjust my hat
this is cricket
i tap my bat and take my time
surely a century will be mine

the ball comes down, its slow and straight
i smash it along the floor
the fielders there, i call out wait
he fumbles it, it goes for four
the umpire signals the boundary score
the first of many, many more

two runs scored takes me to 51
a massive effort for the team
im half way to a memorable ton
before now it was just a dream
i try an give one an almighty thump
i miss it, there goes my off stump.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?