Tuesday, July 18, 2006

 

filling the void

my first attempt to find something to do yesterday manifested itself in a game of table tennis with my mother. this was a complete disaster as my mum only ever plays defensive, back spining, backhands leaving it up to me to play all the winners resulting in a predictably predictible game. i got a bit angry, which is unusual for me, but i think its the frustration of only playin about 5 games of table tennis and 3 games of pool in the last 6 and a half weeks. a normal six and a half weeks for me would probably have included 24 games of football, 12 games of cricket and 12 games of tennis, withdrawal symptoms have very much kicked in. in my anger i have also found myself throwing things around, my main projectile yesterday was a table tennis bat, it was a very cathartic activity. i recommend it highly.

in a further, more adventurous, attempt to find something interesting to do with my life i decided to go and watch forest green rovers V bristol city last night in a pre season friendly. it was one of the most one sided games i have ever seen, city won 6-0. rovers didnt have one player that impressed me, where every single city player looked a good footballer. one of the main reasons for going was to meet up with my uni friend, duncan, and get my keys for the new house. again human contact with humans that are known to me is much appreciated in my current state of general social reclusion. after finding a good spot to stand my dad went to buy a programme and something to eat. when he returned to our prosperous viewing spot he passed me the programme but i then asked him if he could hold it for me while i went to the toilet. this set off a rage in the internal systems of my dad that eventually showed itself through the gift of speech 'im eating this' so i said to him 'what am i supposed to do, throw it on the floor?' as there was no answer i threw it on the floor. the rage then showed itself again 'you ungrateful little bastard'. dads gift of speech had been disrespectfully abused and the gift should have been withdrawn from him for a two hour period for the foul mouthed act.
in summary it was good to get out of the house but the game was a very pathetic display from rovers making it a non contest. the game also gave me hope in showing me that football is an easy game and i could have played in that game last night, no problem.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?